NHW in Spain

NHS Healthcare for UK non-residents

Written by Roger Gentry Friday, 12 February 2016 09:19
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Note this if you go back to the UK and need health care ...
A British pensioner living in Spain, who is in receipt of a state pension, has their healthcare here paid for by the UK, via a form called an S1. This form is registered with the INSS & Spain then claims a fixed fee from the UK each year for each S1 holder. When they go on holiday in Europe but outside Spain, they use a special EHIC issued by the UK. Until April 2015, they used this EHIC when on holiday in the UK as well. As from April 2015 they no longer need the EHIC in the UK. They are in fact entitled to full access to the NHS including planned treatment.
Login to post comments

Contact Our Branch

Click the links below to read all the contacts list for this branch

NHW Community

NHW Newsletter

Join Now For Free



Login Area

Useful Forms

We have compiled a collection of useful documents that you can download to your computer and print out.



Contact us